Sunday, January 13, 2008

Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies

I'm trying to cook more and bake less in 2008-- but it doesn't mean I can't share one of my favorite cookie recipes . I have no self-control when it comes to these cookies.

Lemon Cream Cheese Cookies

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, softened
1- 3 oz pkg cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 T grated lemon rind
1 egg
1 T lemon juice
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder

Blend ingredients. Shape into small balls (approx. 1 in) and place on baking sheet. Flatten with glass dipped in flour. Bake 8-10 mins. Do not overbake. Frosh while warm with glaze.

Glaze: 1 cup powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp lemon juice, 3-4 tsp milk until smooth. (You can use less milk and more lemon juice).

2 comments:

jazzdoll said...

These sound yummy but what temerature do you bake them at?

Minkey said...

I just looked up a couple other similar recipes and found 375 to be a common factor. The first batch had to be put back in after ten minutes baking because the inside was doughy and raw tasting. i baked mine for about 15 minutes and they were awesome!!! Very tasty. I cut back the sugar by about 1/2 a cup and with powdered sugar/lemon icing they are perfectly sweet.
Thanks for the recipe!!me