Friday, November 30, 2007

Coconut Pecan Chicken

This is a great recipe that I discovered in the newspaper, of all places. I'm posting it now because Anna and I were talking about how in the world to use up our Costco-sized bags of pecans!

P.S. I tried Andrea's Red Curry Soup and it was awesome! It's a keeper for sure.

1 1/2 c. plain fat free yogurt
2/3 c. sweetened coconut flakes
2/3 c. panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
1/2 c. finely chopped pecans
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, cut into 1 inch wide strips

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Put yogurt in a small bowl, and set aside. In a shallow pie plate, combine coconut, panko, and pecans. Dip chicken strips in yogurt to cover, then roll in panko mixture. Place strips on an oil-sprayed baking sheet. Spray top of chicken. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350, and bake 15 more minutes. Check that coating browns but does not burn. If desired, broil 2 minutes for an even crunchier top.

Serves 6. Per serving: 288 calories, 31 g. protein, 18g carbohydrates, 12g fat (3g saturated), 67mg choloesterol, 1g fiber, 187mg sodium

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I made this Bekah! Really liked it - thanks!

Adrielle said...

We made this last week and really liked it! We dipped it in honey mustard and that was yummy but I think it would be extra good with a curry or peanut sauce and rice! I will be making this again! Thanks!
Adrielle Griffith