Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thank goodness for amazing turkey!

It was a group effort for Thanksgiving this year, and since it was at our home we provided the turkey and dressing. The dressing recipe that I wanted to use is from Williams-Sonoma (Kori Frahm made it last year at our five year reunion Thanksgiving) but I could not find focaccia bread stuffing (literally, I called Trader Joe's, Wild Oats, etc.), so I chose a cornbread stuffing recipe from Sunset magazine (which I can't even find the recipe on line any more, they must of realized IT WAS NOT GOOD). Lets just say it was disappointing. BUT, that is okay, because the star of the show was the two year champion turkey recipe which Andrea mentioned in one of our first posts. Seriously, people were talking about the turkey days later. Brining is the way to go. Although (those of you that followed the recipe) did you notice that it cooks faster than the recipes suggests? Mine was done both years after about 3.5 - 4 hours. So I am wondering...maybe a lower temperature? I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Bekah said...

All right, I'm convinced. I'm putting the recipe away for next year. All I did with my turkey this year was bake it. And...it was just turkey. Nothing special.

Missy Small said...

RaChelle, I thought of you during after-Thanksgiving shopping, when I saw the foccacia stuffing mix at William Sonoma's on clearance... If only I could have sent it to you a few days earlier!